Sunday, April 03, 2005

You Know You're From Hong Kong When...

You Know You're From Hong Kong When...
You go to Chinese restaurants to yum cha every day. I used to do that when I'm in HK
You go to concerts more than going to church. I would say I prefer, but not in reality
Your backpack weighed more than 40 pounds since primary school. er... think so, but not anymore!!
You love to put stickers with Chinese phrases on your car. Sorry, I like my car being plain~
Your regular slang includes: pk and dnlm. Yes, especially when I was annoyed!!
You love the number "8" (bak). nope... sorry...
You have a pager. I used to~ in SG~
You wear a pair of oval-shaped glasses even though you don't need one. No, I dun like wearing glasses!!
You call your secondary male teachers AH-SIR. yes....
You call your secondary female teachers MISSE. yep yep~
You wear designer clothes. er... Agnes b... that counts?! think so~
You wished to join RHKPD when you were young. RHKPD???? what's that?!
You had at least one nick name throughout your primary and secondary school. Seems I get my nick when I'm @ work~
You are proud of your nationality - BDTC/BNO. I'm proud of being borned in HK!!
You could drink alcoholic beverages LEGALLY when you are 18. ya...s o?!.
You like to drive Japanese/European cars but not American. YES!!!!
You know what "Form One Jai" means. Sec 1 students?!
You don't call lottery as "lotto." You call it "Mark Six" instead. Ya, so?!
You are so "inch" (tsoon). Yes!
You only use the word "toilet," you never use the words "bathroom," or "restroom." erm, seems true... but changed since I came to Canada~
You started singing karaoke when you were five. Yah... I start singing K when I was a kid
You drive an Integra. nah... mine is a Lancer~ ^+++^
You are an expert in MJ. MJ=mahjong?! know it, but not expert
You tip only 10% in Hong Kong. Well, it is on the bill, fixed 10%
You prefer Sony or Aiwa. Well, Sony~
You have more than 30 cousins. NO!!!
You know what this means: hem ga chan. Diu Nei!!!
Ancient HKers call police as "Green Clothes." er think so~
You don't know much about the "Basic Law." No, I don't... who cares?!
You can't tell the difference between "Welcome" and "Wellcome." Wellcome is a supermarket!!
You have many many credit cards. 2, does that count a lot?!
You usually have more than two DVD players at home. I do have 2, but 1 is not working!!!
You love to wear famous brand clothes: DKNY, Versace, Chanel, Polo, etc. I only like Agnes b or A.P.C
You love to gossip about HK entertainment. Ya... especially those I dun like!!! :p
You like discos. Never been to one~ so dunno... probably I don't
You watch both "Chinese" or "American" movies more than any other nationalities in the world. yes... but I dun mind watching~ ^_<
When you say "how are you" in Mandarin, you are actually saying some bad words. Is it?!
You never "french kiss" in the public. Maybe in Canada... hahaha~~~
You speak Cantonese loudly although there are many Americans around. Does that matters?!
You only carry the latest cellular phone. nope... my previous one was a Nokia 3220, now is a Sagem MY-X8
12am is too early for you to sleep. depends
12pm is too early for you to wake up. I have to wake up early everyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You never study until the day before the quiz. TRUE!!!
You like to skate. maybe wait until i learned it~
You play badminton. yes, when i was little
You drink vita soy drink. Actually, I like Vita productions~
You wear Seiko and Citizen. AGNES B!!!!!
You eat instant noodles too much. used to, not anymore
You are majoring in engineering or business management. I didn't!!
You read "tsing tao" instead of "world journal" or "china press." I think is Sing Tao... but I read Appledaily~
You like to use Chinese slang. Yes, very much!! Better than any other language!
You don't wear shorts in summers. in hk. Depends~
You never order appetizers at a restaurant. hmm... I do~ in steakhouse~
You wear long sleeves in summer. Don't be silly!!!
Your Chinese handwriting really sucks. Hey, I practice my chinese handwritting, so I'm proud of it, ok?!
You nick a lot of McDonalds' napkins. nah... garbage!!
You ask for extra coffee in McDonalds. I don't drink coffee
You build a mountain of salad when you eat in Pizza Hut. Never succeed!!!!
Your stationeries are full of your favorite cartoon character. yes, Tarepanda~
Your school bag cost well over $1000 dollars and is made of real leather. I wished I have one... better be it Agnes b~
You are known by your foreign friends as somebody who knew martial arts since birth. Excuse me?!
You also have a collection of robot models, built or yet to be built. I have blythe, momoko and WTG dolls~
You call Lexus cars "Luss-us" instead or "Lex-us." Lexus? I pronounce it as Lexus~
If someone buys ANYTHING, you brag about how its cheaper in Hong Kong. Well, It is true!!!
You've bragged about the Hong Kong airport at least once. huh?!
You call bus "bah see." it is CANTONESE
You call cheese "chee see." Please, this is enough!!! told you it is CANTONESE
You call Mercedes Benz cars "Benz- see." I dun like Benz!!!
You see everyone around you with SARS protection mask! Unless they are sick!!!!!!!!!!!
You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Hong Kong. See, I'm bored!!!

Got this annoying thing from my friend, and I actually took the time to do it!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home