Tuesday, December 28, 2004

The devastating Earthquake and Tsunami

This weekend is definitely a devastating one to Southern Asia Countries. The 9.0 magnitude earthquake and the Tsunami that comes with it, had bought over 50,000 people to death. The numbers are still rising, since communicable disease breakout with insufficient clean water and proper sanitation. I couldn't help to think, was this really a population clear out?! I remembered my Ecology professor said, everything has a limit, there is not infinite growth in a population. Are the human populations taking way too much from our Earth and it is complaining?! Or, is it Jesus want to punished us for being so rebelious? I don't know, and I'm no one to judge. I just know that, I was devastated too with the news. I couldn't help to think, lifes are so vulnerable, why can't we just cherish everyday we have? Why can't we just love everyone and stop all the unneccessary wars? Why can't we just live everyday to the fullest and when it is time for us to leave, we can have no regrets. We are forcing our earth to function at an abnormal condition, where by the population right now is 3X Earth could hold.
As I was reading the news today, tears just rolled down my cheeks, I could feel I'm still alive, but is there any guarantee that I would still be alive tomorrow? Would there be another earthquake or tsumani hit the North American countries? I don't know. I just feel that the majority Canadian are not bothered by the disaster caused. I know life must go on, no point mourning over an incident that has already occured, but, people in another part of the world are suffering from the lost of family members, the loved ones, their homes and everything. Lifes goes on, let's just hope for a better tomorrow~

1 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger mummyesther said...

I hope this is the LAST sad news of yr 2004.
:~( makes me cry.
Just one day and it had done so much to our human race..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home